Thursday, February 3, 2011

life in blue

I've had a really hard time posting here since returning stateside. Obviously I haven't posted in ages, but it's not because I decided to quit or just didn't have any interesting experiences since the last post. The last six weeks in New Zealand, from the day of my last final exam to the day I boarded a plane bound for SFO, were so filled with adventure and exploring and growing and life that it just felt impossible to go back to posting here and there about fun days and funny conversations.

My mom always reminds me that when you go on vacation you should, at the very least, keep a little journal and jot down the events of the day and funny stories that you know will slip your memory. I've never been very good at that. Vacation is just too exciting to waste time journaling! But for the first time ever I faithfully kept a record of all of the jokes and sights and meals and adventures that filled my big NZ tour. I made no effort to journal in any kind of emotional way; I just made lists of all of the things that happened. Even that simple goal filled pages and pages of a small journal.

So even though it's emotionally hard at this point to relive those magical days as I skate to tax law class over two inches of ice, I think maybe it's time to share. For you and for me.




freedom camping is fun

IMG_7007

No comments:

Post a Comment