Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Listing

This week I

1. went to a flatwarming party in the city

2. went to a housewarming party in a suburb

3. ate tim tams the "proper" way, which is to bite the ends off of the cookie and suck coffee through the cookie until the whole thing is saturated and then pop it in your mouth before it falls apart or melts

4. drank sambuca the Italian way with an Italian, which is to let a coffee bean soak in the shot for a few minutes and then have the shot and eat the coffee bean

5. played risk for the first time and conquered the whole damn world

6. started drinking G&Ts with lemon instead of lime because lemons are $3.99/kg and limes are $24.99/kg

7. went to some classes

8. skipped some classes

9. danced

10. met an American who was so excited to meet another American that it made me not want to spend any time talking to him

11. loudly declared that I don't like that Alicia Keys song about New York and I also don't like New York very much and was overheard by a couple of girls from New York who took offense and questioned me about where I’d been in New York

12. met a kiwi named Seagull

13. finally met people who have cats and got to satiate my kitty longing

14. rode on a scooter wearing a helmet with flames on it

15. got honked at for wearing the flames helmet, complete with a big thumbs up out the window

1 comment: