Sunday, April 24, 2011

Procrastination/Flashback to Wednesday, November 24

From Kaikoura we moved on to a town called Blenheim (pronounced Blen-im) in the Marlborough wine region. I've loved wine from the Marlborough region long before I ever knew I would have the opportunity to live in New Zealand, and I kept saying that if I had a bucket list, wine tasting in Marlborough would have been in big block letters near the top.

The campground where we parked Skyla rented bikes, so we took to Blenheim on two wheels. I hadn't been on bike in a couple of years while the other two are bike fanatics. Brent actually used to work for a pedicab company. We estimated that we rode about 40K over the course of eight hours, managing to squeeze in tastings at six wineries. I was cripplingly saddle sore for days, but it was one of the best days of my life.


If I had a bucket list, wine tasting in Marlborough would have been on it.  Thanks, guys.

roses on the ends of rows is apparently the thing you do


some wineries have nice dogs for you to play with

their engagement photo



No comments:

Post a Comment