Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I wish I wasn't such a blusher.

I joined a gym several weeks ago and actually managed to go nearly every day for the last seven weeks. I had a two-week trial period and then paid for five weeks of a legit membership before moving out. I'd never really joined a gym before, but Jesse was pretty used to gyms and showed me the ropes. We got to know the owner and the trainers just by being around all of the time, and by the time we had to quit our memberships because we were moving away, it was a sad affair. For two months we'd been hanging around these people as we hit the treadmills and the weights, and it was one more set of people we had to say goodbye to as we moved out of the city.

The last day at the gym, we felt so sad. After getting off of the treadmill I went to refill my water bottle, and passing the check-in desk, I noticed a new trainer ad on the counter. "Have great sex! Feel good! Eat chocolate, drink beer, and still look sensational! Call Tony for training times!"

I rolled my eyes and refilled my water bottle. The front desk guy that had been really friendly with me for a few weeks said, "What? Don't like the ad?" And I snapped back, "Oh yeah. Like I'm going to call Tony to teach me how to have great sex."

"I thought it was quite clever," he said.

It only takes me a second. "Oh, you're Tony!" I'm immediately red. My ears are burning so quickly.

"I just thought it would get people's attention," he says.

I mumble about how yes, it will get people's attention, haha, and skadaddle back into the gym. Might've cut that workout a little short. Bye, gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment