Friday, July 30, 2010

never a dull moment

I really like the building I live in. It's extremely close to school and a nice supermarket, and it's also pleasantly close to nightlife. My landlords are super nice and accommodating, and it turns out that they own another apartment on my floor, just across the hall from my apartment. Before I knew that, I mentioned to the building manager that I'd noticed that someone had broken the locking mechanism to my floor. If you've been reading, you'll remember that my building and my floor are opened with a magnetic passcard thing, and someone apparently didn't have their card and managed to force the door open. He gave me a between-you-and-me tip that my neighbor tends to bring dodgy characters into the building, and these darling guests have TWICE forced open the floor door in the wee hours of my morning. Precious. He already told my landlords that he wants them out of the building.

So the next time I saw my landlords, I mentioned the commotion on the floor, and they said they were seriously thinking about evicting them. They bother the neighbors; they let their guests destroy the building; and apparently they aren't very prompt about paying rent. I let the landlords know that Jesse was still apartment hunting, so if they kicked neighbor out, they should let me know.

Yesterday landlord texted with instructions to look something up on google. Ladies and gentlemen, my darling neighbors: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10661866

Don't worry, mom! They're in custody!

No comments:

Post a Comment